Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Born Again

When I was young we loved speeding in a car or in a speedboat. One of those day was the last day of summer school. My father bought me a car for my graduation of high school. That morning I was heating my car to go to school when my father said don't take the car to school we are going today to the garage to paint the car. I did not listen to him. So I took the car to school. In the afternoon when all the classes were finished on my way to my house one girl asked me for a ride so I said "Ok." In route to my house she said, "If you continue driving fast and crazy like this you are going to have a serious accident someday soon." I dropped the girl off and three minutes passed and then I had an accident. A dog crossed the road in front of my car. I swerved the car to the right side then I took a berm near the sidewalk. Guess what? My car flipped over five times. Finally, the car hit a mango tree and stopped with the wheels looking to the heavens. I started crawling to get out of the car when I pulled my head outside. One old man said, "Hey kids tell God 'thank you'...today you were born again." So I said, "Thank you God" because nothing happened to me, no blood or broken bones. Thanks God for the opportunity to be born again today.

1 comment:

Ned C. Gardner said...

Hey Flaco,

Yes, it seems like your life was spared that day. I am glad you are still around. Thanks for sharing this great story.

Ned